Pregnancy, even though it is not an illness, requires the pregnant woman to take care of her food, she must choose a healthy and balanced diet.
Forget the idea that you have to eat for two, because after having the baby it is not always easy to lose the weight gained. The ideal is to gain weight between 10 and 12 pounds, and anyone who is overweight may lose or maintain weight during pregnancy.
Pregnant women should eat a balanced diet of protein, carbohydrates, fats and minerals, should eat little but several times a day, at least 6 meals a day and drink plenty of water. It should also avoid consumption of raw meats or fish, fatty foods, fried foods and sweets.
Poor diet during pregnancy can affect the development of the fetus and the health of the baby and cause problems in the mother such as anemia and gestational diabetes.
The food should still be supplemented with folic acid, vitamins and iron.
Template for Pregnant Women Menu
Much attention should be given to developing a nutritional guidance for a pregnant woman. Food consumption should be adequate to meet the nutritional needs of the mother and the fetus. Meal planning should provide the additional supply of nutrients to support the metabolic requirements of pregnancy and weight gain. The daily energy requirement is individualized, varying according to pre-pregnancy weight and stage of pregnancy.
Diet menu for pregnant women
- 1 glass of milk or 1 yogurt or lean cheese
- 1 rye or whole wheat bread with unsalted butter or poultry ham
- 1 piece of fruit or 1 glass of natural fruit juice
- 1 yoghurt
- 1 fruit
- Eat 1 dessert plate full of vegetables.
- 2 tablespoons rice or pasta
- 1 piece of white meat without fat and without skin
- 1 piece of fruit
- 1 glass of thin coffee milk
- crackers or toast
- Complete soups or salads
- Tomato salad.
- Grilled fish, cooked or roasted.
- 2 potatoes or 3 tablespoons of rice
- 1 glass of natural fruit juice
- 1 glass of milk
- 1 cup of tea with 3 biscuits