It is quite amazing how many outdoor-grade digital cameras currently coming onto the market. Recently again Panasonic and Olympus introduced the successor to its most robust camera series.
PANASONIC LUMIX DMC-FT2
Panasonic presents the successor of the Lumix DMC-FT1with the Lumix DMC-Ft2 . Now liuxers gets to the new features in detail:
- Shock resistant up to a height of 2 m (FP1 only 1, 5 m)
- Waterproof up to 10m (FT1 3 metres)
- Suitable for cold up to – 10 ° C.
- 14.1 Megapixels (FP1 only 12.1 mega pixels)
- Power OIS image stabilizer “working twice as effective as its predecessor”
- 6.9 cm LC display (FP1 only 6.7 cm)
As you can see the FT2 has not really new features, but stoically in the hard outdoor has been improved in detail and their usage. The data sheet of the Lumix DMC-FT2 is all further information on their technical characteristics.
The retail price is like with the predecessor model 399 Euro and should be available in March.
OLYMPUS Μ TOUGH-8010 AND Μ TOUGH-6020
Also Olympus has its µ TOUGH series missed a facelift. We also get to the differences when compared with previous models.
Olympus µ TOUGH-8010
The predecessor of Olympus µ TOUGH-8010 is the µ TOUGH-8000 which I own. Here the most important changes at a glance:
- 14 Megapixels (8000 only 12 mega pixels)
- 5 x optical zoom (only 3.6 x 8000)
- HD (720 p) video recording (8000 only 640 × 480 pixels)
- 2 GB of internal memory (the 8000 has none)
What concerns the impact resistance (2m height), water resistance (10m), breakage, and freeze protection (- 10 ° C), so there are no differences to the previous version.
Olympus µ TOUGH-6020
The Olympus µ TOUGH-6020 offers essentially the same features as the 8010er model, but differs in its robustness.
Differences from the previous model:
- 14 Megapixels (6010 only 12 mega pixels)
- 5 x optical zoom (only 3.6 x 6010)
- HD (720 p) video recording (6010 only 640 × 480 pixels)
- 2 GB of internal memory (the 6010 has none)
Differences to the 8010:
- Shock-proof up to a height of 1.5 m (2m with the 8010)
- Waterproof up to 5 m deep (10m with the 8010, only 3m in the previous model)
- No integrated pressure gauge
March 2010 at the price of 399 euros or 319 euros (EIA) in stores are the Olympus µ TOUGH-8010 and µ TOUGH-6020 .
Update: All cameras are available now (E.g. at Amazon.de).
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-FT 2 for under $ 350
- Olympus Mju TOUGH 8010 for under 340 euro
- Olympus Mju TOUGH 6020 for €290